Beta Safety Systems were asked to survey and provide a proposal for the cleaning of the external cladding and windows on the LC Building at the University of Surrey.
The natural process of weathering over the years since the buildings construction had resulted in the build-up of dirt, algae and moss on the external gold and brown facade cladding.
Examples of the condition of the facades is shown below
Beta provided a quotation to the University for cleaning of the external facade using roped access technicians with the following provisions:
- Level 3 Irata trained rope access team
- Rigging operations to allow access to the facade
- Cleaning of all the external facade cladding using neutral ph detergents
- Traditions window cleaning techniques
- Reach and wash systems use
The results of the clean were impressive and Perry Petworth was pleased with the results that were achieved by the Beta team.
Photographs of the works undertaken are shown below:
Window ledge transformation during clean
The completion of the work has a beautiful restored external facade in a condition that shows the building as it was originally intended to be seen.